Makes about 48 hamentashen
Chocolate Cream Cheese Hamentashen – ITS VEGAN and GLUTEN-FREE!)
I am a HUGE fan of Norene Gilletz’s chocolate cream cheese pastry (found in the Food Processor Bible). I have used it for years. Since going gluten-free and dairy-free I have made a few modifications.
I use my cake pop dough and add cocoa powder and tofutti cream cheese to make a creamy filling, but you can fill it anyway you like….Here is the recipie!
- 1 small tub of Tofutti non-dairy creamcheese (227g or 1 cup) at room temperature
- 2 sticks of margarine (225g) at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar (50 g)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (60g)
- 1/3 cup icing sugar (50g)
- 2 1/2cups of All Purpose Gluten-free flour with xanthan included(338 g)
- Cream the cream cheese, margarine and sugar using a paddle attachment.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well until it forms into a ball.
- Flour your work surface.
- Roll out dough onto saran wrap surface or silpat so it doesn’t stick to surface.
- Cut3” – 3.5” circles with the top of a glass or cookie cutter.
- Place filling and pinch into triangle pocket cookie. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes depending on size.
- They should be very lightly coloured.
- Once cooled, ice them with chocolate drizzle, sprinkles and/or royal icing.