Skip to content
Vegan Orange Dough
- 4 3/4 cups All Purpose Gluten free flour (xanthan gum included) (640 g)
- 2 cups of icing sugar (260 g)
- ½ tsp salt (3 g)
- 2 sticks of margarine (220 g)
- ½ cup of Tofutti non dairy cream cheese (50 g)
- 1 tsp orange extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 6 tbsp of orange juice without added sugar (90 g)
- Mix flour, icing sugar and salt and set aside.
- Beat the margarine and Tofutti
- Add orange extract
- Add flour in batches and alternate with orange juice.
- This dough can also be done without the Tofutti and can be replaced simply with water.
- Orange dough can be maple dough or plain dough by switching out the extract to maple or vanilla. The orange zest would be removed but the orange juice stays the same.
- Flour your work surface.
- Roll out dough onto saran wrap surface or silpat so it doesn’t stick to surface.
- Cut 3” – 3.5” circles with the top of a glass or cookie cutter.
- Place filling and pinch into triangle pocket cookie. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes depending on size.
- They should be very lightly coloured.
- Once cooled, ice them with chocolate drizzle, sprinkles and/or royal icing.