For those of you who want the smell of fresh challah bread in your home, we have good news for you!
We have come out with a challah mix that you can make so simply and create the challah you want as you want in the shape you want.
All you need is a mould, whether its a fancy braided look, bundt cake, loaf, or any other pan you have. Mix your wet ingredients with our dry ingredients and out will come a delicious and tasty sweet bread!
What you will need:
- 3 tbsp oil plus more for oiling pan
- 2 eggs (or 1/4 dairy free yogurt)
- 1 cup warm water
Any toppings or fillings you like such as chocolate chips, raisins, seeds, apples, etc….
- Place dry mix in a bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment. Add the packet of yeast to it. Add 2 eggs, 3 tbsp of oil and 1 cup of warm water. Mix for 3-4 minutes until all is equal in consistency. Transfer dough into a loaf pan. Dough will be sticky. You can wet your hands to flatten the top of the loaf. Loosely cover with oiled saran wrap and let sit in a warm place until it doubles in size. (about 40 minutes) Brush with egg wash (optional) and bake in oven for 50 minutes to an hour at 350′ degrees . Let cool. Slice and eat!
- Vegan option: To make the challah without eggs, replace eggs with 2.5 tbsp of (dairy-free) cream cheese plus 1 tbsp of water or 1/4 cup of (dairy-free) yogurt.
- Toppings and surprises: You can add raisins, chocolate chips or top the outside of the challah with sesame or poppy or anything else your imagination takes you to.
- Shapes: There are challah moulds on the market if you wish to create the braided look. This dough does not braid well because it is sticky. You can also choose to use small cake loaf pans or similar to create fun shapes.
Here is a video that will show you just how easy this is! Click HERE to view on YouTube.